The Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management has provided the following update regarding Hurricane Harvey.
Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management (FBC OEM) is monitoring Tropical Depression Harvey in the Gulf. FBC OEM is currently at Level II (Partial Activation).
- Hurricane Harvey has intensified overnight
- Is now classified as a hurricane
- Could potentially reach Cat 3 status
- Landfall still predicted to be at the mid TX coast on Fri.
- Once Harvey makes landfall it is expected to move slowly or stall – that will increase rainfall chances
- Greatest threat is heavy rain and flash flooding
- Areas south of I-10 will receive possible 10-15 in. of rain with local 20+ in., including Fort Bend County
- Rainfall will start Friday and continue into early next week
- Flash flood watches will likely be issued for our area later today
- Fort Bend County is currently under a Tropical Storm Warning
- Details of the track, timing, and location of rainfall are still uncertain
- Fort Bend Co. EOC will send out information from the next National Weather Service call at that time
Under categories on the bottom right of the FBCMUD 146 homepage is a link to useful Emergency Preparedness articles, information and resources or click on the following link: