Who takes care of our street lights?

Cobrahead style street lights in the District are operated and maintained by CenterPoint Energy. Each pole has a unique identification number that can be used to assist CenterPoint Energy in a more efficient response to a reported outage. To report a street light outage, District residents may call CenterPoint Energy at (713) 207-2222. Or you can visit their website and complete a simple form to report the outage.

The following link will direct you to the online form to complete:


Lawn Care and Stormwater

Proper lawn care can go a long way to prevent unnecessary stormwater pollution in your community. Helpful hints include:

  • Take care not to overwater your lawn
  • Avoid disposal of clippings, debris, or anything other than Stormwater into the Storm Drains
  • Minimize use of Fertilizers and Pesticides and follow all application instructions

Grass clippings and debris can clog drains and cause stormwater back-ups and flooding. Here are a few places for your trimmings:

  • Sweep, collect, and bag grass clippings and leaves
  • Blow grass clippings back onto the lawn where they can become a mulch and natural fertilizer
  • Rake or blow leaves into a compost pile, where they can decompose

Visit Cleanbayous.org

Lawn Care and Storm Water Pollution Brochure (PDF)