In response to customer inquiries concerning water bills received this month, the Board of Directors of Fort Bend MUD 146 would like you to have the following information to help answer questions.
- As you may know, FB MUD 146 is required by law and by the Fort Bend Subsidence District to convert from using groundwater to using surface water. Surface water costs substantially more to produce than groundwater. The North Fort Bend Water Authority (NFBWA) is responsible for coordinating the conversion to surface water. More information about the NFBWA is available at: http://www.nfbwa.com/.
- During the period of July 4, 2015 to August 11, 2015, no rainfall was recorded in the District.
- Since the water meters were read on July 24, 2015, the District has rechecked approximately 100 water meters, and the recheck confirmed that all meter readings are correct.
- The amount of water billed to customers increased by approximately 15 million gallons during the billing cycle from June 24, 2015 to July 24, 2015 and by an additional approximately 16.3 million gallons during the billing cycle from July 24, 2015 to August 24, 2015.
- During the billing cycle from July 24, 2015 to August 24, 2015 the District produced a total of 62,452,000 gallons of water.
Click here to view detailed information.